Communication is often described as a “soft skill”. The important thing to remember is that it is, in fact, a skill.
That means it can be learned, honed, tweaked, improved, and practiced over and over, until you start to master it.
Let me ask you a few questions:
- Do you struggle to communicate with your team? (Hint: If you often ask yourself, “Why aren’t they doing what I ask them to do?…the answer is “yes.”)
- Do you and your team struggle with “managing” patient expectations? (Hint: Maybe you want to ask different questions to find out WMI (What’s Most Important) to them.)
- Do you have more than one patient, each day, who cancels at the last minute, or worse yet, ghosts you? (Hint: People who value what you have to offer will NOT blow you off.)
- Do you and your dental team struggle to get your patients to say “YES!” to your treatment recommendations? (Hint: Maybe you don’t know/haven’t addressed your patients’ real objections. Price is only a factor in the absence of perceived value.)
- If you truthfully answered “yes” to any of these questions, I urge you to listen to my guest appearance on Teresa Duncan’s podcast “Nobody Told Me That!” https://nobodytoldmethat.libsyn.com/ntmt-ep-107-gerilyn-alfe-teresa-duncan
We chat about these issues, and many more, and have a lot of fun while sharing our experiences and expertise.
Quality communication is the secret sauce if you want to have a wildly successful dental practice!